Santa Barbara Scholarship 2017
General Scholarship Program 2017 for Undergraduate, Vocational, Graduate, and Medical (MD) Students
2017-2018 Application Cycle will be open from October 1, 2016 until January 15, 2017.
We highly recommend that you submit your application at least one week before the date given above to ensure that you do not miss the deadline as a result of technical difficulties with your equipment/network or as a result of heavy traffic on the application website.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
For applicant eligibility requirements can click here General Eligibility:
- Applicant must have attended at least four* of the six years between grades 7-12 AND graduate or receive a GED from Santa Barbara County high school** by June 2017.
- Applicant must be planning to attend full-time as an undergraduate, medical (M.D.), or graduate student at a Title IV-approved school.
- Applicant must be a U.S citizen, permanent resident, or AB 540 eligible
- Applicants eligible for the Santa Barbara City College Promise who indicate that they will be attending SBCC will not be funded. If you are not eligible and/or are not sure you’ll attend Santa Barbara City College, you will need to fill out our application to be eligible for our funding. We WILL fund third or fourth year SBCC students and transfer students after they have received the SBCC Promise.
* If you are or have been a ward of the Santa Barbara County Court (youth in foster care after the age of 13), please call our office to check your eligibility status.
** Homeschooled students and boarding school students: you and your family must have resided at least four of the six years the student attended school in Santa Barbara County between grades 7-12.
Homeschooled students must have a private school (homeschooled) affidavit of approval on file with the Santa Barbara County Education Office. They must include an affidavit for each 7-12 grade they were homeschooled with their high school transcript by the application deadline.
Requirements and Selection:
- 2017-2018 Application available online: October 1, 2016
- 2017-2018 Application deadline: January 15, 2017
- No late submissions will be accepted.
- The application for the 2016-2017 academic year is closed.
You must meet the eligibility requirements listed above and complete all parts of the online application as well as submit the required supplementary documents on time to be eligible. All eligible and qualified new applicants are required to have a personal interview during the month of March following the January application deadline
For more information on the scholarships and application procedures please visit Santa Barbara website at here