LRAEF Scholarship 2017
The LRAEF Board of Directors has awarded $337,500 in scholarships to 112 individuals since the Scholarship Fund’s creation in 2009. In 2016, $67,500 were awarded at the LRAEF Five Star Futures Awards Gala on August 6, 2016.
The purpose of the Fund is to provide an opportunity to further educate ProStart® students, culinary and hospitality students, industry employees and educators. Candidates are eligible for one of five scholarships within the LRAEF Scholarship Fund:
1. Jim Funk Scholarship: Established in 2012, this scholarship is the LRA Education Foundation's most prestigious award. It honors former LRA President & CEO Jim Funk, who guided the creation of LRAEF during his 30 years with the organization. This is presented to the top scholarship applicant and is renewable on an annual basis for up to four years, provided that minimum GPA and enrollment standards are achieved.
2. LRAEF ProStart Scholarship: Awarded exclusively to students who achieve the ProStart Certificate of Achievement.
3. LRA Board Fund Scholarship: Awarded to Louisiana students who intend to pursue a career in the restaurant, foodservice, tourism, or hospitality industry.
4. LRA CENLA Chapter Scholarship: Presented by the LRA CENLA Chapter, this scholarship is awarded to qualified applicants from the Chapter’s eleven (11) parish area- Avoyelles, Beauregard, Catahoula, Concordia, Grant, LaSalle, Natchitoches, Rapides, Sabine, Vernon, and Winn parishes.
5. Louisiana Seafood Scholarship: Established through a generous gift from the Louisiana Seafood Promotion & Marketing Board, this scholarship is awarded to qualified applicants who show an interest in cultivating, protecting, and promoting Louisiana seafood.
Jennifer Jeansonne, LRAEF Program Manager
Email : jjeansonne@LRA.org or 504-636-6691
For more information on the scholarships and application procedures please visit Louisiana Restaurant website at here