Arkwright Scholarships 2016
We identify, inspire and nurture future leaders in engineering, computing & technical design
The Arkwright Scholarships Trust 2016 is a registered charity that administers the most prestigious scholarship scheme of its type in the UK with over 4,000 Scholarships awarded to date.
At Arkwright we are looking for the 'brightest and best' students with the passion and determination to succeed in their future studies and career:
- You must have a strong desire to have a future career as a leader within the Engineering Profession (which includes computing and technical aspects of design)
- When you apply, you must be in the school year in which you will sit your GCSEs, Scottish National 5s, International Baccalaureate Standards, BTEC level 2s or equivalent exams
- You must intend to stay at school or sixth form college for two years to study A levels, BTEC level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma, Scottish Advanced Highers or the International Baccalaureate higher level.
For the full eligibility criteria refer to Section 2, page 5 and 6, of the Arkwright Handbook which can be click here
How to apply
- Talk to your teacher if you are interested in applying for a Scholarship. Applications are open between early November and mid-January each year.
- Your school must be affiliated to the Arkwright Scholarships Trust before you can apply for a Scholarship. If your school is not affiliated ask your teacher to complete the school affiliation form which can be click here. Affiliation is quick, simple and FREE.
- You must apply during year 11 (England and Wales), S4 (Scotland), year 12 (Northern Ireland). The Scholarship will be awarded as you begin year 12 (England and Wales), S5 (Scotland), year 13 (Northern Ireland) to study subjects which will prepare you for a university degree or higher-level apprenticeship and career in Engineering, computing or technical design.
- A £40.00 administration fee is payable, by April, for each student application. This helps to cover the cost of Arkwright's rigorous selection process. This fee may be payable by the School or the applicant's parents depending on local arrangements (which are beyond the control of the Arkwright Scholarships Trust). Teachers should decide how best the fee can be paid.
For more information on the scholarships and application procedures please visit Arkwright website at here