PIDM Undergraduate Scholarship Programme 2017
Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (PIDM) is a statutory body that protects against the loss of bank deposits, as well as takaful and insurance benefits in the unlikely event of a member institution failure and is mandated to promote public confidence in the stability of the financial system in Malaysia.
The programme is intended to reach out to deserving Malaysians who are in need of financial aid to pursue their education.
What Does The Scholarship Offer?
- Up to RM10,000 a year in course fees or the actual cost, whichever is lower;
- Up to RM2,000 in allowances for learning aids including books, computer, stationeries and other materials per semester or up to RM4,000 per year;
- Up to a maximum of RM6,000 allowance per year or RM500 per month;
- There will be no bond to this scholarship and the recipients are not required to repay the amount of scholarship awarded.
- Induction Programme
An induction programme will be provided to all recipients of the PIDM Scholarship Award. This is to ensure the recipients understand the mandate, vision, mission and values of PIDM.
- Mentoring and Coaching
Each recipient will be assigned a “mentor” from the Senior Management team. The mentor will provide consistent and continuous mentoring and coaching throughout the programme. This is to ensure that the recipients have the necessary support and are able to leverage on the experience of our management team.
- Internship Programme
As part of the strategic design of the programme, graduates will be offered paid six-month internship opportunities in PIDM to apply what they have learned in an operational context (subject to a minimum ‘Cumulative Grade Point Average’ (CGPA) of 3.00 or a minimum of ‘Second Class Upper’ in the final examinations).
In summary, the programme will cover the above fees and allowance up to a maximum of RM20,000 per person per annum. During the period of internship with PIDM, each recipient will receive a monthly allowance of RM1,000 for a six-month period.
What are the Requirements ?
The scholarship will be offered on a yearly basis to a maximum of twenty successful applicants, to undertake up to four years of undergraduate studies locally.
This notice of offer for the scholarship is open for applications from all Malaysian students in need of funding. Students who have started their undergraduate studies are also eligible to apply provided they meet the requirements.
- You must be a Malaysian citizen under 25 years of age (as of 1 January 2017) and be a full time student;
- You must have good academic results in SPM/STPM or equivalent (with credits in Bahasa Malaysia and English);
- You must be a full-time student and have gained admission into any of the courses related to the field of studies listed here, which has been approved and accredited by Lembaga Akreditasi Negara (LAN), in a college or university in Malaysia as approved by PIDM;
- Not be in a position to take on the course without financial aid or award;
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institution, organisation or foundation;
- Not have been terminated from or ceased to be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institution, organisation or foundation, due to disciplinary action against the applicant;
- Applications will only be considered if they meet the eligibility criteria; the specific field of study and the list of colleges and universities as approved by PIDM.
How to apply
You will need to submit your application via the PIDM Undergraduate Scholarship online application from here For more information on the scholarships and application procedures please visit PIDM website at here