Malaysia International Scholarship 2017
The Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) 2017 is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government's effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities. This scholarship is divided into two (2) categories of study: Postgraduate and Post-doctoral Studies
To be eligible for Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS), applicants must fit the following criteria:
- Not be more than 45 years of age during application.
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Master’s Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Master’s degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
- Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
- IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
- In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants
- Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the needs and interests of Malaysia (research-based programme only)
- Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the universities in Malaysia).
Value of Scholarships 2017
Each scholarship consists of:
1. Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
2. An approved tuition fees
3. Monthly maintenance allowance
4. Annual grant for books and internal travel
5. Medical / Health Insurance
6. Installation and Termination grant
7. Thesis allowance (will be paid at the beginning of research (after proposal defense) and the balance will be paid only upon submission of the thesis) – For PhD and Post-Doctoral only
8. A conference travel grant and journal publication grant (PhD and Post-Doctoral only)
* The Government of Malaysia reserves the rights to review the value of awards at any time (and if such changes are made, the value of scholarship will be changed and the effective date will be informed to the successful candidates).
For more information on the scholarships and application procedures please visit Kementerian Pendidikan Tinggi website at here