Fullbright-MCMC Senior Research Program 2017
Applications are now invited from qualified Malaysian scholars to undertake a 3-6 months of research at the American universities during the FY2017/2018 academic year (August through June).
The Fulbright-MCMC Senior Research Program 2017 provides opportunities for Malaysian academics to develop or update their research through interaction with distinguished counterparts in the United States. By providing a mechanism and support for meeting and interacting with the best of American scholars, the program seeks to promote dialogue on subjects of mutual interest to Malaysia and the United States.
While these grants are typically researched focused, applicants who are prepared to add a lecturing component to their proposals are encouraged to apply. Further, all grantees will be asked to develop strategies for sharing Malaysian culture with social, civic and other groups while in the United States.
Fields Of Study
Preference will be given to proposals which are consistent with MCMC approach for Fulbright awards, emphasizing these general areas of study:
- Smart Digital Nation (Cities and Communities)
- Data Sciences and Analytics
- Internet of Things
- Information and Network Security
- Policy and Regulatory Matters (spectrum, competition, access pricing, etc.)
- Digital Inclusion
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
1. A Malaysian citizen.
2. Doctoral degree or equivalent professional training or experience at the time of application.
3. Minimum five years working experience in the related field.
4. Faculty member in a university or a higher learning institution in Malaysia and eligible for sabbatical or other leaves.
5. An excellent record of achievement as indicated by quality publications and professional activities.
6. Proficiency in English appropriate to proposed research/lecture project to be carried out in the United States;
7. A detailed statement of proposed activity for research or lecturing at a U.S. institution. The proposed project should contribute to the development of knowledge in your field and must be effectively investigated within the period of grant.
8. Certification of good health.
A letter is required from the home University / Institute stating the benefits the applicant is entitled to during the 3-6 months sabbatical or other leaves in the United States. In connection with your application for the above program, please note the following:
Please fill up your application online at here In addition, please submit 4 sets of complete applications to MACEE by November 11, 2016 and it should consists of the following documents:
1. Application form;
2. Recent passport-size photos
3. 3 letters of reference using the required forms, including one from your immediate supervisor or Head of Department, Dean or Vice-Chancellor.
4. Certified true copy of Ph.D. certificate;
5. Curriculum vitae;
6. Written statement from your institution stating the availability and length of your sabbatical leave and benefits entitled;
7. A detailed statement of proposed activity.
Supplementary documents where applicable:
1. Letters of invitation or appointment from United States institutions;
2. Source of financial support for accompanying dependents.
Kindly submit 4 sets of the complete applications to MACEE by January 9, 2017.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview in mid-January 2017. Final announcement of awards will be made in May 2017.
For more information on the scholarships and application procedures please visit Malaysian-American Commission On Educational Exchange (MACEE) website at here