APIASF Scholarship 2017
About the APIASF General Scholarship Program
The APIASF General Scholarship 2017 online application opens on September 15, 2016 and closes on January 11, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST. Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards. APIASF provides scholarships to underserved AAPI students with a special focus on those who:
- Live at or below the poverty level, or are otherwise of low socioeconomic status;
- Are the first in their families to attend college;
- Are representative of the AAPI community's diversity, geographically and ethnically, especially those ethnicities that have been underrepresented on college campuses due to limited access and opportunity; and
- Have placed strong emphasis on community service and leadership as well as solid academic achievement.
APIASF General Scholarship Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
- Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply
- Be enrolling as an undergraduate student in a U.S. accredited college or university in the Fall of 2017. Please read the scholarships by supporter details below for specific eligibility requirements regarding the academic standing required for each scholarship.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted) or have earned a GED
- Must apply for federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Submit one letter of recommendation online.
Outreach and Community Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or
For more information on the scholarships and application procedures please visit APIASF website at here