Penn State Scholarships 2017
Learn about the opportunities for scholarships 2017 from across the University and at our campuses.
General Scholarship Information
Scholarships are a form of financial aid that does not need to be repaid. Penn State offers several sources for possible scholarships funding.
All students who are offered admission and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to Penn State are considered for scholarships awarded by the Office of Student Aid. Some academic colleges, campuses, and administrative units require separate applications. The Office of Student Aid outlines scholarship requirements here. Penn State Scholarship Facts
1. Penn State does not offer standard merit awards for students who fit particular profiles.
2. Both Pennsylvania and non-Pennsylvania residents receive equal consideration for scholarships.
3. Penn State scholarships comprise 9% of the available funding for undergraduate students.
4. Approximately 6,700 first-year students receive a University scholarship (all campuses).
5. 35% of first-year scholarship recipients are at University Park; the remaining 65% at Penn State campuses.
6. Typical Penn State scholarships are between $1,500 to $3,000 per academic year.
7.Approximately 15% of first-year students receive private scholarship support.
For more information on the scholarships and application procedures please visit Penn State Scholarship website at here