Carl Zeiss Scholarship 2016
Your chance to develop with the ZEISS Scholarship 2016 for children of employees
Experience a new culture, meet new people, adjust to new situations: anyone between the ages of 15 and 18 studying abroad does more than just learn a new language – they learn a lot about themselves. Let yourself be inspired.During your exchange year, you will live with a host family and attend school with students your age. You will become part of another culture and see the country from an entirely new perspective. You will not only learn a new language, but will also develop a new understanding of the world. With the ZEISS scholarship program for children of employees, we are once again helping children of ZEISS Group employees spend a year abroad.
How can you apply?
Children of employees around the world can apply for the scholarship. 10 scholarships are awarded every year. The recipients are selected together with our partner, AFS.
Where can you go?
ZEISS sponsors a school year abroad in the AFS host countries of Brazil, China, Germany, France, India, Italy, Mexico, Russia, Spain and the USA.
What costs does ZEISS assume?
The money covers the following program costs:
- Travel to and from the host destination
- Your stay with the host family and attendance at a secondary school
- Preparation and review seminars in your home country
- Basic accident and health insurance
What costs must scholarship recipients cover themselves?
- Application fees (AFS)
- Travel costs for selection interviews, preparation and review seminars
- Passport, visa and any vaccination fees
- Casualty and luggage insurance
- School uniforms (if required) and pocket money
- Non-cash benefits (country-specific regulation); payable in six monthly installments
- Remaining program costs (vary depending on the selected country)
Please note that the scholarship is only eligible for Carl Zeiss employers children.
For more information on Carl Zeiss Scholarship, please contact the Carl Zeiss of Malaysia directly.
For more information on the scholarships and application procedures please visit Carl Zeiss website at here