Golden Jubilee Scholarship 2016
Embassy of India, Kathmandu invites applications for scholarships 2016 on prescribed Application Form from Nepalese nationals enrolled in Bachelor 1st year/1st semester of under graduate courses in recognized educational institutions in Nepal, during the academic year 2016-17. Two hundred (200) scholarships will be awarded under the scheme as per the following distribution:
- Medical, 50 seats (5 years course)
- Engineering, 50 seats (4 years course)
- Other disciplines, 100 seats (Scholarship will be restricted to 3 yrs only) (B.Sc, B.A, BBS, B.Com, B.Ed, BBA, BBM )
Candidate must be a Nepalese citizen and should have secured at least 70% marks in aggregate at the Intermediate (+2) level/ Class 12th and family income of the candidate must be less than NRs. 2,00,000/- per annum. Note: Those who are receiving scholarship from any other institution are not eligible to apply. (Please do not include Class XI marks)
3. Age Limit:
Applicants should be between 17 and 22 years of age as on 1st July 2016.
4. Scholarship Amount:
Selected students in medical / engineering disciplines will get a scholarship of NRs. 4,000/-per month. The scholarship for students in other disciplines will be NRs. 3,000/- per month. The scholarship will be discontinued if the percentage of marks obtained by the awardees falls below 50% in each subsequent year or for any other reason that the Embassy may deem necessary.
5. Selection Process:
- Selection will be based on merit for the candidates who meet the eligibility criteria mentioned in paragraph 2 & 3 above. If necessary, candidates will be interviewed at Kathmandu and Birgunj in Nepal.
- Names of selected candidates will be placed on Indian Embassy website and intimation to this effect will be given through e-mail. Candidates are advised to interact solely with the Education Wing, Embassy of India, Kathmandu and CGI Birgunj for the scholarship scheme. The candidates should indicate their address and contact telephone numbers/ e-mail address clearly on the Application Form. Any change in address/ telephone number should also be intimated immediately through letter bearing candidate's signature.
- Children of retired/ serving Nepalese soldiers in Indian Army if selected, are required to furnish a certificate to this effect that he/she is a child of serving/ex-serviceman personnel of Indian Army and send their application through Asstt. Military Attache (Welfare), Embassy of India, Kathmandu.
6. Instruction for filling Application Form
- The Application Form may be submitted online through the Indian Embassy website www.indianembassy.org.np/ischolarship.Upon successful submission, system would generate an automated acknowledgement slip giving Reference and Receipt Number. Candidates are advised to print and keep it as proof of the submission of their application. The reference number can subsequently be used to keep track of the status of their application on the Embassy Website. They are advised to check the Embassy website for any further information with regard to the scholarship scheme.
- Candidates should upload their (a) photograph (b) self attested photocopy of citizenship certificate (c) mark-sheet of class XII (d) Parental income certificate issued by CDO/VDC only and (e) Certificate of Head of the Institution where the student is studying should also be uploaded. Original documents would be verified at later stage. Candidates who are not in possession of citizenship certificates should enclose copy of citizenship certificate either of mother or of father. Dalits and physically challenged candidates should upload a copy of certificate from CDO or district authorities to support their claim.
7. Application may be submitted online between 20th September, 2016 – 14th October, 2016, after which the link would be deactivated
How to Apply
You will need to submit your application via Golden Jubilee online application form which can be click from here. For more information on the scholarships and application procedures please visit Indian Embassy website at here