The Alice Smith School Scholarship 2016
The Alice Smith Schools Association is a not-for-profit educational foundation, established in Kuala Lumpur in 1946. Having flourished in Malaysia and educated many thousands of children, we would like to extend our social responsibility by offering scholarships to Malaysian students. The underlying aim of the Alice Smith School Scholarship Scheme is to benefit bright post-SPM Malaysian students with limited financial means by providing them with up to two and a half years of Sixth Form fees. In return, the selected scholars will be expected to push themselves in all aspects of learning, attain high levels of excellence in both academic and non-academic fields and become a fully integrated member of our school community.
Applicants will be very strong academically, aiming for an international level of education at a good university, and fulfill all the criteria for entry onto A Levels in our Sixth Form. As the scholarships are aimed at low-to-middle income families, the family of the applicant will be required to disclose income through tax returns.
Duration of the Scholarship
The maximum length of each Alice Smith Scholarship is 2½ years. It is anticipated, however, that scholars will complete their A Levels in five school terms, hence the scholarships will run from January 2017 to July 2018, with an extension of time into the 2018-2019 academic year if required. From January until July 2017 of the first year, the scholars will join the second term of Year 12 where they will study four AS level subjects of their choice. They will then progress to Year 13 and take their final A Level examinations (usually three subjects) in their second year.
Applicants must be prepared to sit for a non-verbal reasoning test at the Alice Smith School in the event that they are shortlisted. These candidate(s) will also be interviewed and successful scholars announced in November each year.
How to Apply for Entry
Applications for the Alice Smith Scholarships are available online and the application form is available for download until Monday 24th October 2016.
The application must be submitted by no later than Friday 28th October to the following address:
Ms Nazira Aziz
The Alice Smith School
No. 3 Jalan Equine
Equine Park, 43300 Seri Kembangan
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Email : email@example.com
These are the documents required to apply for an Alice Smith Scholarship:
1. For Applicants, can be download the application form for the KLASS Scholarship Application 2016 from here 2. A 250-word personal statement (see notes below).
3. A copy of your SPM forecast results and recent school report.
4. A letter of recommendation from your current Principal (or teacher).
5. A letter of recommendation from an adult outside the school environment who knows you through your extra-curricular activities, either sports, music, arts, or community service.
6. A copy of your parents’ most recent Income Tax Return form and a copy of the e-filing document. This is confidential and is only used to determine financial need.
1. You must be able to meet the criteria for entry into our Sixth Form. Please click here for more information.
2. The Alice Smith School is a day school, located in Equine Park, Seri Kembangan, some 20 minutes south of Kuala Lumpur. You must be able to stay near enough to the school or to the school bus routes.
3. The Alice Smith Scholarship is a full scholarship. Tuition fees, building levy and enrolment fee will be included. Tuition fees include all textbooks and materials, external examination fees, and curriculum-based trips. Transportation to and from school, lunch, and optional school trips are not included. Additional payment will be required for extracurricular activities not covered in the normal range offered by school, or for surplus on trips.
4. Your 250-word personal statement is your opportunity to tell the Alice Smith School why you should become an Alice Smith Scholar. You need to demonstrate your enthusiasm and commitment to the A Level programme, AQA Baccalaureate and the extracurricular activities offered at Alice Smith. You also need to demonstrate your ability to fit into an international environment and to aim high in your future goals. You also need to demonstrate that you are a well-rounded student, with both academic and other interests. You may wish to include photographs or videos with your written statement.
For more information on the scholarships and application procedures please visit The Alice Smith School website at here