ISRA Full Scholarship 2016
The Shari'ah Scholarship Award 2016 is part of the Fund for Shari'ah Scholars in Islamic Finance, which was established to enhance knowledge and research, strengthen talents, and encourage intellectual discourse in the field of Shari'ah in Islamic Finance. The Fund represents Bank Negara Malaysia's (BNM) commitment towards strengthening the development of the Islamic finance industry.
The application is open to all nationalities pursuing postgraduate studies (Master’s or Doctoral) in the field of Shari'ah or Islamic finance at recognized institutions of higher learning in Malaysia.
1.Obtained a Bachelor Degree in Shari’ah from recognised local or international universities (Bachelor degree in Shari’ah, Muamalat, Jurisprudence, Islamic Law, Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh or its equivalent);
2. Obtained an offer to pursue or is currently pursuing Master’s or Doctoral studies in Shari'ah, Islamic finance or its equivalent in a full-time mode;
3. Obtained a minimum CGPA of 3.50 (on a 4.0 scale), 4.0 (on a 5.0 scale), 80% (on a 100% point scale), pass with distinction or its equivalent;
4. Fulfilled or passed language proficiency requirements specified by the programme;
5. Applicants should NOT be in receipt of any other scholarship award or financial assistance.
1. Academic tuition fees - excluding registration or entrance fee, refundable deposit, personal bond and accommodation;
2. Subsistence allowance;
3. Book allowance
4. Equipment allowance
5. Conference allowance
6. Thesis/end of study allowance
1. Maximum scholarship coverage for a Master’s student is two (2) years.
2. Maximum scholarship coverage for a PhD student is three (3) years.
What is Required?
1. Application form;
2. A copy of letter of offer; an official letter of admission from the institution of higher learning confirming your placement at the institution;
3. A copy of academic certificates and full transcripts - Bachelor and/or Master’s degree;
4. A photocopy of personal identification / passport;
5. Two letters of recommendation from referees;
6. A copy of thesis proposal - applicable for programme by researcher coursework & research.
How to Apply
For Applicants, can be download the application form for the Shari'ah Scholarship Award 2016 from here
* An application must be submitted by hand or through registered post or courier service not later than 10 Sept 2016 to:
Shari'ah Scholarship Award, International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA), ISRA@INCEIF, Lorong Universiti A, 59100 Kuala Lumpur
For more information on the scholarships and application procedures please visit ISRA website at here