MOE Short Term Research Award 2016
The Ministry of Education (MOE) created this award 2016 to encourage individuals from foreign countries (excluding mainland China, Macau and Hong Kong) to undertake short-term research in Taiwan, in the hopes of enhancing their understanding of Taiwanese culture and society, and of promoting exchanges and cooperation between Taiwan and other countries.I. Financial asisstance
1. Ph.D. Candidates will receive a monthly research allowance of NT$25,000 and Post Doctoral Fellows will receive a monthly research allowance of NT$40,000.
2. One round-trip, economy-class ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan (The maximum subsidized amount is determined by the MOE.)
3. The terms of fellowship are two to six months.
Research topics should be related to Taiwan's humanities, social sciences, culture, arts and relevant comparative research (excluding areas relating to science, medicine, engineering, and relevant comparative studies).
Each applicant shall:
1. be a doctoral candidate from an overseas university or a postdoctoral research fellow.
2. be neither a Taiwanese national, nor an overseas Taiwanese compatriot.
3. not already be residing, studying (including internships), teaching or doing research in Taiwan.
4. not have received this award within the last five years.
5. not be a recipient of any other R.O.C. government-sponsored cholarship or subsidy.
6. not be an exchange student while receiving this award.
Before the end of September
Contact person：Hui-Chen Pan
For more information on the scholarships and application procedures please visit Taiwan Fellowships and Scholarships website at here