The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) 2016
The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) 2016 is a unique programme. Since its establishment in 1959, it has provided opportunities for over 30,000 citizens of all Commonwealth countries to study in other member countries.
Following the establishment of the CSFP 2016 endowment fund in 2009, a new strand of Commonwealth Scholarships located in low and middle income countries is available.
2016-2017 Commonwealth Scholarships
Applications are now open for Masters scholarships for courses beginning in early 2017 in:
- Papua New Guinea
- South Africa
- South Pacific
- Sri Lanka
30 June 2016
- Applicants must be a citizen of any Commonwealth country other than the host country.
- Applicants must hold a first degree of upper second class standard (or above) in a discipline relevant to that in which study is proposed.
- For information Commonwealth Country can click here
The scholarships provide
- Return economy airfare from the scholar’s home country to the host country
- An arrival allowance of USD 500 to cover removal costs
- Full tuition fees
- A monthly/quarterly stipend intended to cover living costs, sustenance and local transport. Scholars will need to cover accommodation costs from their stipend.
How to Apply
For Applicants, can be download the application form for the The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) 2016 from here
With your application you should submit:
- High school certificates
- Undergraduate transcripts and graduation certificate
- Scan of photo page of passport
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
- At least one academic reference
- University offer letter for the institution you have applied to, if you already have one
If possible you should have already applied to the university for admission to your desired course when you submit the scholarship application. Any scholarship offer will be provisional upon the applicant being able to obtain unconditional admission to the relevant course to start by mid-2016. Contact the university for information on course application deadlines.
To find out more
Send any enquiries to the contact email address given for each host country. The ACU cannot respond to enquiries.
Following your application
Successful applicants will be notified within three months of the closing date.
Other important information
The scholarships are for Master’s courses only and are not applicable to distance learning courses. The scholarships are for new students only and cannot be used to fund a course you have already started. No additional funding will be provided for scholars with families.
For more information on the scholarships and application procedures please visit The Commonwealth Scholarship website at here