Asian Development Bank Scholarships at University of Auckland 2016
Asian Development Bank Scholarships at University of Auckland 2016 aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB's developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region.
Upon completion of their study programmes, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
University of Auckland programmes covered by this scholarship scheme are limited to the following:
Master of Public Health
Master of Science (Environmental Science)
Master of Arts (Development Studies)
Master of International Business
Master of Commerce (International Business)
Masters programmes in Engineering
What does the ADB-JSP cover?
The ADB-JSP provides for the scholars:
1. Tuition fees at the University of Auckland.
2. Airfare from the scholar's home country to Auckland, New Zealand.
3. Basic cost of living in Auckland.
4. Health and medical insurance in New Zealand.
5. Airfare from Auckland, New Zealand, to the scholar's home country at the conclusion of his or her course of study.
6. For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
Note: The ADB-JSP does not cover the scholar's dependants.
What are the eligibility requirements?
Eligible applicants must be / have:
1. A national of an ADB borrowing member (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP). For a list of current developing member countries visit ADB - Japan Scholarship Programme.
2. Gained admission to an approved masters or doctoral programme at an approved academic institution.
3. A bachelors degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
4. At least two years of full-time professional work experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
5. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
6. Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programmes which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years.
7. In good health.
8. Eligible applicants should agree to return to their home country after completion of studies under the programme.
9. Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
10. Staff of JSP-designated institutions are not eligible to apply to their own institution.
11. Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
12. ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
13. ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programmes, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
For more information please see at here
How to Apply
-Please apply for admission online as an international applicant for one of the programmes listed above for the 2017 intake.
Complete the Application for Admission click here
You are required to submit the following documents in support of your application:
- ADB-JSP information sheet click here
- Verified copy of your passport or birth certificate
- Academic transcript and completion certificate
- IELTS/TOEFL results
- A passport-size photo
If you are successful in gaining admission to a postgraduate programme and receive an official Offer of Place from the University of Auckland, you may proceed to Step 4. If you are unsuccessful or receive a conditional offer do not proceed to Step 4 until you have fulfilled the condition/s of your offer.
Complete the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship application form and either post or courier with all required documents to the University.
Applications and Admissions
The University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Student Information Centre
22 Princes Street
For ADB-Japan Scholarship Application Form 2016 click here
A selection process will take place after the application closing date. Incomplete ADP-JSP applications will be deemed ineligible.
Please note: All applicants who have submitted complete applications for 2016 will be notified of the outcome by the end of November 2015.
Closing Date :
Applications for 2017 close on 20 July 2016. Applications for programmes starting in 2016 have now closed.
Note: You must complete Step 4 (submit the full ADB-JSP Application form) before the closing date.
Applications and Admissions
Phone: +64 9 923 5025
Fax: +64 9 308 2363
For more information on the scholarships and application procedures please visit The University of Auckland website at here