BANGSAR VILLAGE KIDS’ FOR KIDS’ SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS 2016Scholarship Info
The Bangsar Village Kids’ for Kids’ Scholarship Awards provide qualified young Malaysians with the opportunity to further their studies locally. We are offering financial assistance for undergraduate studies to those who have excelled academically and are active leaders in their extra-curricular activities. It is our aim to assist those who may otherwise not have had the chance to pursue their dreams and help turn them into reality.
No. of Awards : Three (3) awards
Application Deadline : 30 April 2016
• Malaysian citizen aged 17 to 20 years of age.
• Received an offer for a full-time Undergraduate Degree programme from any local public institution.
• Those already pursuing a degree are not eligible.
• Must possess the requisite pre-university qualification:
i) STPM: minimum 3As
• Strong leadership skills demonstrated through active participation in extra-curricular activities.
• Requires financial aid to further studies i.e. family household income not exceeding RM 4,000 per month.
• Not presently holding other scholarship or study loans.
• Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Approved Institution : Local public universities only.
Value of Award The Bangsar Village Kids’ for Kids’ Scholarship 2016
Full education financial assistance for Undergraduate studies at local public institution (tuition fees, laptop, accommodation and living allowance).
The type and value of award to be offered to any one student will be decided at the absolute discretion of the Committee.
Scholarships will only be awarded once applicants have gained acceptance to the university.
Procedure for Application
1. All applications must be on the official application form. Completed forms should reach the office on or before the deadline at the following address:
Bangsar Village Kids’ for Kids’ Scholarship Awards 2016
c/o Eng Lian Enterprise Sdn. Bhd.
69-2, Jalan Telawi 3
59100 Kuala Lumpur
Late applications will not be entertained.
2. All required fields must be completed. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
3. All applications must be accompanied by the following supporting documents:
a) Passport-sized photograph
b) Education certificates (STPM, university acceptance/offer letter etc.)
c) School testimonials and school leaving certificates
d) Identity card and birth certificate
e) Parents/Guardian payslip
f) An essay titled “What positive impact will I make on the future?” Please answer this question in not more than 400 words. The composition must be ORIGINAL.
4. Particulars of all siblings must be provided irrespective of whether they are contributing any income to the family. Applications should also ensure that particulars of parents/guardian, all siblings are verified by submitting copies of the following documents:
a) Parents’/Guardian’s identity cards or death certificate, if deceased.
b) Parents’/Guardian’s proof of income i.e. Income Tax Form J/B/BE together with EA form for the last 2 years. In the case of business income, please also submit Statement of Income and Expenditure/Profit and Loss Account for the last 2 years. If parents’/guardian/s income is not taxable, please submit other proof of income such as latest EA Form, official salary slip or official letter from employer confirming their income. Letter from
employer should be on the company’s letterhead and must have the employer’s full name and telephone numbers.
c) Letter of declaration from authority figure (e.g. Ketua kampong, Ketua JKKK) can be submitted to certify the household income or lack thereof.
d) Birth certificates of all siblings.
e) If siblings are working, please submit their Income Tax Form J/B/BE together with EA Form and Statement of Income and Expenditure/Profit and Loss Account (in the case of business income) for the last 2 years. If their income is not taxable, please submit other proof of income such as latest EA Form, official salary slip or official letter from employer confirming their income. Letter from employer should be on the company’s letterhead and must have the employer’s full name and telephone numbers.
f) If siblings are pursuing higher education in colleges/universities/ institutions, please submit letters or documents to confirm that they are currently students of the colleges/universities/institutions.
If siblings are studying, please state level of education e.g. Standard 1 or Form 6.
5. Applications who are awaiting acceptance into University should list their choice of courses and universities in order of preference.
6. Referees stated in Section 8 of the Application Form must be able to provide information on applicant’s family background when requested. The referees should also be contactable by telephone during office hours. Please ensure that the telephone numbers given are valid and correct.
7. Please ensure that all documents and information requested are enclosed/stated. If documents above or information required are not immediately available, please explain why and submit them within 1 month from the closing date.
Please note that all documents submitted will not be returned to applicants regardless of the outcome of their applications.
8. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview. It is important for applicants to give their telephone contact to enable the Committee to call them for interview if shortlisted.
To source of the Bangsar Village Kids for Kids Scholarship Award 2016, please download from DropBox here. Further inquiries, please contact 012-3392433.