The MNRB Scholarship Fund was established by MNRB Holdings Berhad in 1 April 1998 with an objective to assist in the development of the nation’s insurance and takaful industries by enabling promising students to have access to quality education in order to produce quality insurance and takaful professionals for the long term development of the Malaysian insurance and takaful industries.
Since then the Fund has awarded more than 430 bright Malaysians from all races to pursue full-time studies in Actuarial Science, Risk Management and Insurance at local universities. The Fund, in collaboration with the Malaysian Insurance Institute (MII), also awards scholarships to employees of the local insurance industry to pursue part-time studies for the Diploma of the Malaysian Insurance Institute (DMII) and the Associateship of the Malaysian Insurance Institute (AMII) certifications at MII.
Fields of Study
- Actuarial Science
- Risk Management
Value of MNRB Scholarship 2016
- Local Matriculation / Foundation - RM8,000 per annum
- Local first Degree - RM10,000 per annum
- Overseas studies - Living allowance, relocation and other allowances
- A bonding period is attached
- Public & private universities / colleges - On actual
- Overseas studies - On actual.
Age 23 and below
SPM / Trial SPM
- Minimum 6As, including English, Mathematics & Science; or
STPM / Trial STPM
- At least 3As and pass the General Paper; or
Matriculation / Foundation / Diploma / Degree
- At least a CGPA of 3.50
- Must submit a 1-page handwritten English essay on reasons for applying for the scholarship, benefit from the course of study including education & career plans.
- Applicants must successfully apply for entry into recognized local or overseas institutions of higher learning to pursue the approved courses.
- Preference will be given to those active in co-curriculum activities.
- Must not be a recipient of a scholarship/loan/financial assistance from any other organizations.
TRIAL SPM / STPM
- Candidates with TRIAL SPM / STPM RESULTS meeting the above criteria are encouraged to apply. Selected candidates will be given provisional scholarship offer subject to the variance between the actual results and the trial results being within an acceptable range.
How To Apply this MNRB Scholarship 2016?
Download the Scholarship Application Form here and send the completed form to the address below; or
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
Collect at :
MNRB SCHOLARSHIP FUND
11th Floor Bangunan Malaysian Re
No. 17 Lorong Dungun, Damansara Heights, 50490 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03 – 2096 7160 (Puan Jannah)
Fax : 03 – 2093 0368
Closing Date: Tuesday, 5 January 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview latest by 15 February 2016.
Ensure the completed application form is submitted with handwritten English essay, certified copies of relevant certificates and documents.
Kindly note that ineligible candidates, incomplete applications and applications received after the closing date will not be entertained.
Detail info for MNRB Scholarships Awards 2016, please visit MNRB website here.